Walking is a brilliant way of doing some regular gentle physical activity. Attending a group can help with motivation, build structure in your week and be fun! This is an open group you may want to bring a friend or relative to join in.
Our group takes place every Monday from 11am to 12.15pm and starts in the Wellbeing at Cynthia Spencer building at Cynthia Spencer Hospice.
The group aims to help you to:
- Improve or maintain your fitness and activity levels with the support of rehabilitation staff
- Improve or maintain your mood and general well-being
- Increase your confidence in walking outdoors and participating in regular physical activity or community groups
- Give you an opportunity for socialising and friendships
- Have falls prevention, mobility and other relevant advice from therapy team during walk and specific to your individual needs
- Have therapeutic benefit from spending time outdoors and in nature
After the walk we meet back at the Wellbeing Centre for a cup of tea.
There will be two lengths of walk:
- A Park walk for those who already feel quite confident with their walking, or who take part in some regular walks or exercise
- A Garden walk for those who are starting to increase their distance and confidence
How can I attend this group?
If you would like to come along to one of our walking group sessions please contact Claire or any member of the Wellbeing at Cynthia Spencer team on 01604 678144.