Studies show that many people with life-limiting illness would like to be more active, but they want the support of knowledgeable healthcare professionals to guide them.
We're pleased to be able to introduce the Gym Buddies programme.
What is Gym Buddies?
A physiotherapist-led group exercise and activity programme which takes place
Wednesday mornings 10:30am-12:00noon in the Cynthia Spencer Hospice Therapy Room
What are the benefits of Gym Buddies?
Benefits of increased activity include:
- Improved strength and balance
- Improved functional ability
- Improved mental wellbeing
- Improved energy levels and reduced fatigue
- Improved quality of life
What does it involve?
To participate you will need to be able to:
- Safely complete seated and/or standing exercises
- Move between exercise stations independently or with minimal assistance
If you are interested or would like to discuss the programme, please contact Vicki Barrett (Physiotherapist) or Claire McEwen (Day Hospice Lead) on 01604 678144.